Todd M. Britten, DMD, MS
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
As a periodontist, I enjoy making a positive impact in my patients’ lives by improving their smiles as well as their comfort and health. It is the reason I am thrilled to go to work every day! I have had patients that were once told they would lose all of their teeth, but through periodontal care, even after many years still have every one of them! Success stories like this make me grateful and very humbled to be part of this wonderful profession.
I believe in delivering state of the art care with a gentle touch in a lighthearted environment. I am extremely proud of my team of caring and dedicated professionals. They excel at welcoming even the most anxious of patients and setting them at ease, helping them become part of our dental family.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science – University of Florida
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Florida
- Master’s Degree and Certificate in Periodontology and Implant Dentistry – University of Florida
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
My team and I are continually updating our skills and knowledge of new procedures and technology so we can provide the highest quality, least invasive care available in our industry. I have completed extensive continuing education coursework, including training at the Pankey Institute, Pikos Institute for Advanced Bone Grafting, and Misch International Implant Institute.
I grew up in North Tampa and attended Jesuit High School before attending the University of Florida. I met my wife Meg there at a Gator football away game, and we have been inseparable ever since. We welcomed our son Daniel in 2012 and our daughter Lillie in 2014. When I’m not at the office I love spending time with my family, playing golf, playing the guitar, traveling the world and cheering on the Bucs, Rays and Gators.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- Upper Pinellas County Dental Association
- Hillsborough County Dental Association
- Hillsborough County Dental Research Association
- Florida West Coast Dental Association